The benefits of aluminum windows are clear. Aluminum windows have been popular in the United States—and around the world—because of their modern look, color options and most of all durability. Although they have given way to vinyl windows as the most popular type of window installed today. However, Aluminum windows remain a very popular type of window and with today’s modern window advancements, they are better than ever.
Aluminum windows, unlike wood and vinyl windows, are exceptionally strong and durable. That is not to say that wood and vinyl windows are not durable, but the weight to strength ratio of aluminum windows allows them to have the largest selection of window configurations. In fact, they can be as much as three times the strength of vinyl windows and more than 50 times as strong as wood windows—making them perfect for both residential and commercial applications. Another great option is composite windows. They are stronger than vinyl, and allow for a narrower window frame compared to vinyl.
In recent years, aluminum windows were often overlooked by many replacement window shoppers because of the perception that they were less energy-efficient than other types of windows on the market. The concern was that aluminum conducts heat and cold, allowing windows to sweat, and either feel hot or cold depending on the outside temperature. However, today’s modern aluminum windows incorporate thermal breaks, insulated frames, and multiple panes of glass, which have improved their energy efficiency significantly.
Unlike vinyl windows, one of the best benefits of aluminum windows is that they will never warp, will never rot like wood windows, and, as a non-ferric metal, will not rust. Additionally, today’s anodized or baked-on finishes will not fade or chalk like the paint of the past—meaning your windows will look new for years with minimal maintenance.
Benefits of Aluminum Windows:
- Exceptionally strong and durable
- A modern and contemporary look
- Energy efficient with thermal breaks, insulated frames and multi-pane glass
- Aluminum Frames will never warp (Unlike Vinyl Windows)
- Aluminum will never rot (Unlike wood clad windows)
- Aluminum will never rust (Unlike steel windows)
- Finish will never fade or chalk like painted frames
- Unlimited color options
- Creative shapes and designs
- Low Maintenance
- One of our favorite benefits of aluminum windows is that they’ll make your neighbors jealous!! When your friends and neighbors see them installed properly, the’ll want them.