When it comes to your home’s energy efficiency and durability, nothing is more important than choosing quality residential windows. Old, drafty windows are a source of tremendous energy loss, and if water leaks inside, the building’s structural integrity could be at risk.
If you’re renovating your home or simply making a few energy-efficient upgrades, consider replacing your windows as part of the project. Ultra Windows offers beautiful, high-quality residential windows in Houston, Texas.
Turn to us with any questions you have regarding window replacement. Contact us online today to get started with a free consultation!
When to Replace Your Residential Windows in Houston, TX
Unless your windows are downright broken, it’s easy to delay replacing them. However, there are plenty of signs that it’s time to replace your residential windows. These include:
- Drafty rooms
- High energy bills
- Stuck windows that are difficult to operate
- Excessive condensation on or between the window panes
- High window repair costs
We understand that installing new residential windows requires an investment. But that’s just what it is—an investment that pays you back in many ways, including:
- Improved comfort
- Enhanced safety
- Reduced noise transfer from outside
- Greater beauty, both inside and out
- Improved view
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
- Effortless functionality
- Increased home value
- UV protection for your belongings
Residential Window Operating Styles
When you replace your residential windows, there’s no need to stick with the existing style. Consider these different operating styles to help you decide what might work best for you:
- Casement windows crank outward on hinges positioned on one side of the window.
- Double hung windows feature two sashes, one on top of another. Both the upper and lower sashes open for flexible ventilation.
- Single hung windows also have two vertically positioned sashes, but only the bottom one operates.
- Sliding windows open horizontally. One or both sashes may be operable.
- Picture windows don’t open. They come in a variety of shapes with the sole purpose of providing a view.
- Garden windows stick out from the wall, creating a ledge for herbs and flowers to sit.
- Bay and bow windows project beyond the foundation to create a 180-degree view. Window seats are commonly installed under bay and bow windows.
- Custom windows come in various sizes, shapes, colors, and finishes. You can customize trims, hardware, grille designs, glass features, and screens to suit your needs.
Residential Window Materials
No matter what material you prefer for your new residential windows, you can find it at Ultra Windows. Here’s a look at our most in-demand window materials:
- Vinyl windows are affordable, offer low maintenance requirements, and perform efficiently.
- Fiberglass windows are strong, durable, and will never rot, chip, warp, or crack.
- Aluminum windows have an impressive strength-to-weight ratio to facilitate thin frame profiles.
- Wood windows make a beautiful addition to any Houston home.
- Composite windows are a wood/PVC hybrid, resulting in a strong, durable, and aesthetically pleasing material.
Residential Window Brands
Some window retailers only install one brand, limiting your choices and leaving you wondering if you made the right selection. Ultra Windows is different. We give our customers access to high-end residential windows from numerous brands, including:
- Marvin Windows and Doors
- NT Window
- Don Young Windows
- Andersen Windows and Doors
- Simonton Windows and Doors
- And more!
Install New Residential Windows in Houston, TX
Are you unsure which residential window style, material, and brand are best for you? Ultra Windows is here to help you sort through your options so you can make the best possible investment for your home and needs.
To learn more about replacing your residential windows, please contact Ultra Windows in Houston, Texas at 281-444-2299.