Is your home drafty and uncomfortable? Are your heating and cooling bills shockingly high? Many factors could be to blame, but leaky windows are a likely culprit. The solution is to install energy-efficient windows in your Houston home.
If you’re in search of a qualified window contractor for the job, look no further than Ultra Windows! We have over 20 years of experience serving Texas homeowners, and we’re ready to make your window replacement experience a positive one.
Want to learn more about energy efficiency for windows? Then contact Ultra Windows in Houston to schedule a free estimate and consultation!
Does Ultra Windows Offer Energy-Efficient Windows Near Me?
We provide energy-efficient windows for the greater Houston area which includes Houston, Katy, Cypress, Galveston, Cinco Ranch, The Woodlands, Kingwood, Sugar Land, Spring, Spring Valley, Humble, Tomball, Conroe/Lake Conroe, West University, Bellaire, The Villages, Memorial, Huntsville, Livingston, Hempstead, and more.
How Do Windows Contribute to Home Energy Efficiency?
An exterior envelope encases the living area of your home. This outer shell—which includes the floor, walls, and ceiling—is far from uninterrupted. Building material changes, wiring and plumbing penetrations, exhaust vents, windows, doors, and other home features create openings in the exterior envelope. The outdoor Houston air can enter your home through these openings, impacting heating and cooling efficiency.
Windows have a particular impact on a home’s efficiency because they’re quite large and are made of glass, which in general is a very poor insulator. This means that the entire window—not just where the frame meets the wall—affects air and temperature transfer in and out of your home. Choosing energy-efficient windows in Houston can help you beat the heat in the summer and keep out drafts during the winter!
Why Do Energy-Efficient Windows Matter?
Energy-efficient windows are more expensive than basic options, but they should still be your first choice for Houston window replacement. When you choose energy-efficient windows with a high rating, here’s how you benefit:
- Lower your heating and cooling costs by keeping conditioned air inside where it belongs, while keeping hot humid air outside.
- Decrease your Houston home’s carbon footprint and do your part for the environment.
- Increase your HVAC system’s lifespan by reducing the workload.
- Make your home feel comfortable with fewer drafts and a more even temperatures from room to room.
- Reduce condensation to control moisture that could cause mold growth or home structure problems.
- Preserve the color of your furniture, carpet, and paint with window coatings designed to keep UV rays out.
What Sets Energy-Efficient Windows Apart From Other Houston Replacement Windows?
Many features come together to make a window more energy efficient. They impact the window’s energy performance rating, which succinctly conveys how energy efficient the window is in different categories. The most prominent energy-saving features of high-performance windows include:
- Two panes of glass with a low-solar Low-E coating to slow heat transfer through the window
- Argon gas filling between the panes to act as an invisible insulating blanket
- Insulating window frame material
- Low-conducting spacers to hold the window panes a precise distance apart, thus reducing heat flow and minimizing condensation
- Professional installation that includes foaming, caulking, and weatherstripping to eliminate air leaks around the frame
Now that you understand the importance of energy efficiency, Ultra Windows can help you achieve it! We supply products from many of today’s top window and door manufacturers so you can benefit from every great feature that energy efficient windows have to offer in Houston.
Trust our Houston energy-efficient window experts to help you narrow down which brand and features you want. Then, our talented window installation crew can meet your high expectations. We’re proud of our 20-year history as Houston’s go-to energy-efficient window installer, and we’re excited to help you find the perfect energy-efficient windows for your home!