When it comes to replacing your windows, there are many options to choose from. One of the most popular choices is fiberglass. These windows are the newest option in the industry, combining the efficiency of vinyl, the strength of aluminum, and the beauty of wood. Fiberglass windows are available in an unlimited combination of colors, as well as stainable wood interiors, making them a customizable solution to match your home perfectly.
Ultra Windows has experience installing fiberglass windows throughout the Houston area. Call us today to schedule your window installation or replacement!
Why Choose Fiberglass?
Fiberglass has proven itself to be an incredibly durable material from which to manufacture a wide range of products, such as boats, ladders, automobile parts, airplane parts, golf clubs, bridge components, and many others. This durability helps ensure that your fiberglass windows won’t easily rot, rust, warp, bow, or crack—making them the ultimate choice for Texas homeowners who want efficiency without compromising long-term durability.
Fiberglass windows are one of the top choices in the industry. They are rated as follows:
- Solar Heat Gain – .19 – .21
- U-value – .29
- Air Leakage – .07 (about twice as air tight as an average vinyl window)
- Design Pressure Rating – Residential 75
But their advantages don’t stop there. Fiberglass has an extremely low rate of contraction and expansion, seal failures are almost non-existent, and air leakage is greatly minimized! The more a product moves, particularly during the summer months, the more likely it is to leak, allowing your conditioned air to escape. Don’t install a less expensive option that you will need to repair or replace in a few short years. Install a durable solution like fiberglass windows!
Benefits of Fiberglass Windows
As a homeowner in Houston, you understand the importance of installing quality windows that will last for many years to come. At Ultra Windows, we install only the best products on the market, which is why our team is trained to skillfully install fiberglass windows. Still not sure whether you should install vinyl, aluminum, wood, or fiberglass windows? Some of the benefits of fiberglass windows include:
- Durability – Fiberglass is a thermally set product, meaning that it will not change shape in the hot Texas heat. Unlike vinyl windows, fiberglass windows will not bow, sag, or warp during the hot summer months. Furthermore, because of their stability, fiberglass windows continue to operate and look as smoothly in 10 years as they did on the day they were installed.
- Longevity – Fiberglass windows are not damaged or degraded from moisture, as wood windows are. No more worries about rotting wood windows. Even the extreme combination of heat and humidity in Houston is no match for fiberglass windows.
- Maintenance – Fiberglass windows are pre-painted with a heavy duty, baked on enamel paint – straight from the factory. As a result, you’ll never have to scrape and paint your windows again. However, should you choose to change colors, feel free to paint your windows any color you wish.
- Versatility – Fiberglass windows are available in five standard colors or unlimited custom colors. Choose from grids between the glass, no grids, or simulated divided lites on the glass to give your home just the right look.
- Beauty – Fiberglass windows offer narrower frames and sashes than vinyl, providing the upscale look of wood. Stainable interiors are available to match the look of wood paneling.
- Efficiency – Fiberglass windows are among the most energy efficient windows in the industry. Because of its low rate of contraction and expansion, the air leakage rating of a fiberglass window will remain consistent over time. Ultra’s fiberglass windows have the lowest air leakage rating of any fiberglass windows in the industry and one of the highest design pressure ratings on the market.
Ready to reap the benefits of fiberglass windows? Contact Ultra Windows to learn more!
Features of Fiberglass Windows
- .080 Gauge Fiberglass – offers increased strength, rigidity, and durability because it is up to 20 percent thicker than other fiberglass windows
- 3 Point Weather-Stripping – creates a seal against water and air infiltration
- Super Spacer – reduces energy loss through the glass
- Cardinal’s Low-E366 Coating – blocks heat and provides UV face protection
- Foam Insulated Frames and Sashes – maximizes efficiency and reduces noise
- Stainless Steel Balance System – provides a smooth, effortless operation
- Recessed Locks – enhances the beauty
- Bettervue Screens – allows for more light and increased airflow
- Lowest Air Leakage Rating– limits air migration in and out of your house
- High Design Pressure Rating – demonstrates tremendous strength, rigidity, and long-term durability
- Unlimited Color Options– provides easy customization
- Interlocking Sashes– prevents manipulation of the locks from outside
- Narrow Sashes – maximizes the amount of light transmittance
- AAMA Gold Label Certification
- NFRC Certification
Our goal at Ultra Windows is to provide Houston area homeowners with the best windows on the market—and fiberglass windows are a reliable choice! Read on about fiberglass options, colors, hardware, and more here.
Contact Ultra Windows for Fiberglass Windows in Houston
Don’t settle for windows that will need to be replaced again in a few years. With fiberglass windows from Ultra Windows, you can trust the quality of the product you’re getting. We even offer a fiberglass replacement window warranty to ensure your satisfaction! Our skilled team has been installing and replacing windows throughout the Houston area for more than 14 years. See what your satisfied neighbors have to say about our services!
Contact Ultra Windows today to schedule your fiberglass window installation in Houston, Texas!