Ultra Windows has the installation team, expertise, and experience to help with your wood windows purchase for that unique look you are searching for!
Modern wood windows have aluminum or vinyl cladding over the exterior to protect against rotting, and to reduce the amount of maintenance required by wood windows. Vinyl cladding can be very problematic in Houston because it has a much higher rate of contraction and expansion than the wood which it covers, which can lead to moisture infiltration and rotting from the inside out. Additionally, vinyl cladding is only available in three color options.
Aluminum clad wood windows are very strong, require little maintenance, and offer a natural interior beauty that no other window frame can duplicate. Aluminum clad wood windows can be stained or painted to match your home’s interior woodwork, and the exteriors are available in 50 different factory applied finish colors.
- Heavy duty, .050” extruded aluminum cladding is superior to the competition’s flimsy rolled-form aluminum or vinyl cladding, and offers excellent protection from the elements.
- Multi-point weather-stripping on all sides seal off air and water infiltration.
- Cardinal’s XL Edge stainless steel spacer system reduces energy loss through the glass.
- Cardinal’s Low-E366 coating offers ultimate heat blocking performance, and UV fade protection.
- Locking hardware is incredibly secure and easy to operate.
- Block and tackle balance system offers smooth, effortless operation.
- Bettervue screens allow for more light and increased airflow, while keeping insects out.
- Variety of wood interiors to choose from.
- Removable wood grilles provide that classic window appearance while allowing for easy cleaning access.
- Multiple hardware finishes to match your home’s hardware perfectly.
- High Design Pressure Rating demonstrates tremendous strength and rigidity, providing peace of mind for long-term durability.
- Multiple exterior color options, one of which is sure to compliment your home.
- AAMA Gold Label certified
- NFRC certified